After working industriously in the garage doing some cleaning, sorting and tidying, I took the opportunity to take a rest on the chaise under the huge green umbrella, and this is what I saw:
- some plants needing pruning
- roses desperately needing dead-heading to encourage further growth
- weeds amongst the plants
- overgrown seaside daisy (erigeron)
- the semi-permanent ramp awaiting barrows of mulch
- the hose lying across the concrete
I thought to myself: Slow down, you are seriously becoming too critical and subjective about your garden. Chill! Where’s that positive attitude you value so highly? So I took stock and looked again. This time I saw:
- magnificent blue sky with clouds scudding by
- a glorious mass of colour and life
- nature in all God’s glory – praise the Lord!
Why is it sometimes difficult to remember to have an attitude of gratitude?