How many trees does it take to make an orchard?
I’ve decided that we have a mini orchard on our property of almost one third of an acre, as it consists of:
* three plum trees, the first of which was transplanted from my parents’ house many years ago, with the subsequent two a result of self-seeding,
blossoms of which have just appeared,
* two blueberry plants, yet to fruit, only planted 15 months ago,
* two lemon trees of different varieties,
* one kaffir lime tree, fantastic for using the leaves in Thai cooking, with the fruit as a bonus,
* one self-sown peach tree, which last year gave me a few peaches,
… and next week you will read about the latest addition to the fruiting family.
And no, it is nothing to do with either a partridge or a pear tree.